"Add New SCCM Computer" fails for ConfigMgr 2012

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:18 AM
Greetings,
I am finding the "Add New SCCM Computer" action from the SCORCH-DEV ConfigManager IPs is failing when trying to create an object in CM2012R2 (I don't know about non-R2)

Generally, most of the actions from the 2007 IP seem to work for CM2012 also, but I've loaded the IP for 2012 and it fails with the same message.
The ConfigMgr Provider reported an error.

Exception: WqlQueryException
Target site: WqlResultObject.ExecuteMethod

Stack trace:
   at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlResultObject.ExecuteMethod(String methodName, Dictionary`2 methodParameters)
   at SCCMInterop.CMInterop.addNewComputer(WqlConnectionManager connection, String netBiosName, String smBiosGuid, String macAddress)
at SCCMExtension.AddNewComputer.Execute(IActivityRequest request, IActivityResponse response) in C:\Projects\TFS\scorch\Configuration Manager\Integration Pack\Objects\AddNewComputer.cs:line 61
If I use the action from either the 2007 or 2012 IP to create a computer in SCCM2007 then it works fine.
I've tested this in a couple of lab, dev, and prod environments and they all fail with the same message.

Does it work for anybody else?

Scott.
Nov 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM
I also forgot to mention a rather important point.

When the "Add New SCCM Computer" action runs, it DOES create the computer in ConfigMgr, and the SMSPROV.LOG doesn't report any errors or issues at all. The problem seems to be with the IP handling the return data perhaps.