SCCM 2012 & 2007 - IP servicewindow Issue

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Edited Jul 18, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Hello Everyone,

i'm currently experiencing some issues with the integration pack for SCCM 2007 & 2012.

We are trying to use the 'newservicewindow' activity in order to plan the instalaltion of updates onto several servers ( with a service portal provided by Microsoft, where users can select dates and times for update for a specific time frame of 3 months).

Portal is working fine and orchestrator activity also.
Only thing not really working is when time is set to a specific hours (for exemple 2012-07-01:00:00), the log files from SCCM show a service windows somewhere in the year 2038.
SCCM Client Center shows also a correct date, but on the date/time selected there is nothing happening. Servicewindow manager is not launching the process to update the client.

I have a first workaround that is working for the moment: adding 10 minutes to the time proposed, which is effectivily launching the servicewindow manager and pushing the new updates onto the client. THis workaround is not working with some other times ( like 5 minutes)

Any idea why it's failing with those specific hours? I've already tried to put to different time formats, but same is happening.