IP ConfigurationManager Add New SCCM Computer WQL Query Exception

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I just registered the SCORCHDev.ConfigurationManager.2012.oip.

I created a Task "Add New SCCM Computer" and provided the following information:
  • MAC-Address with follow format 00:80:41:ae:fd:7e
  • Computername
When I try to Run the Runbook in the Runbook Test i got the following error:
The SMS Provider reported an error.

Exception: WqlQueryException
Target site: WqlResultObject.ExecuteMethod

Stack trace:
   at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlResultObject.ExecuteMethod(String methodName, Dictionary`2 methodParameters, Boolean traceParameters)
   at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlResultObject.ExecuteMethod(String methodName, Dictionary`2 methodParameters)
   at SCCM2012Interop.CM2012Interop.addNewComputer(WqlConnectionManager connection, String netBiosName, String smBiosGuid, String macAddress) in c:\Projects\TFS\scorch\Configuration Manager\SCCM2012Interop\SCCM2012Interop.cs:line 1836
   at SCCM2012IntegrationPack.AddNewComputer.Execute(IActivityRequest request, IActivityResponse response) in c:\Projects\TFS\scorch\Configuration Manager\SCCM2012IntegrationPack\Objects\AddNewComputer.cs:line 61
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Hey Andreas,

Thanks for the bug report, I am going to assume that the way you programatically add new computers has changed from CM '07 to CM '12. This IP was a direct port of the CM '07 IP. With that in mind I will copy this to a work item and take a look at getting this functionality fixed! Stay tuned

-Ryan
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.