Assign SCCM Package to DP

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:10 AM
Edited Jul 9, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if anyone can give any pointers on what the correct syntax is for this activity? I am piping through the 'Existing Package ID' as published data from the first initialize data activity fine. I am sure my issue is with what information I should be passing into the 'NALPath Query (Single DP)' and 'Selection Criteria' properties. Ideally I would like to be able to just specify a package ID and server name\share in the intialize data and the runbook be able to perform the package DP assignment.

Any hints or suggestions what the correct syntax is for the 'NALPath Query'?

This is the query I am attempting to use, it works fine in wbemtest. SELECT NALPath from sms_distributionpointinfo WHERE NALPath NOT LIKE '%PXE%' AND ServerName='\`d.T.~Ed/{1243593F-D408-4A87-8697-0DDFEB055E1C}.{CCF8679C-0504-41A1-A53F-00ECEFDE86DA}\`d.T.~Ed/'

Do I need to set anything in the 'Selection Criteria' property?

Cheers

Ben

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Hey Ben

Below is the query that is being run by the integration pack.  Based on that the 'Selection Criteria' when you have 'Single Distribution Point' selected should just be the 'name' of the distribution point to deploy to.  Hopefully this helps.  If you describe what you are trying to accomplish I may be able to help you more (or update the IP to take your use case into account).

// This query selects a single distribution point based on the provided siteCode and serverName.
string query = "SELECT * FROM SMS_SystemResourceList WHERE RoleName='SMS Distribution Point' AND SiteCode='" + siteCode + "' AND ServerName='" + serverName + "' AND NALPAth Like '" + NALPathQuery + "'";

-Ryan
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Here is an example input

Existing Package ID: Package ID to Distribute

Distribution Point Selection Method: Single Distribution Point

Selection Criteria: Server Name of Distribution Point

NALPath Query (Single DP): %SMS_PKGS%

-Ryan

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Hi Ryan,

I don't get that... I have a known PackageID and a known Server Name of a DP. I'm connecting to the Central Site, the DP I want to deploy that package to resides in a primary site. NALPath for that DP is: ["Display=\\EMSRVWIN00xx\"]MSWNET:["SMS_SITE=E01"]\\EMSRVWIN00xx\

So - "Selection Criteria" should be "EMSRVWIN00xx", "NALPath Query (Single DP)" could actually be anything ("%") if I read the query in your post. But whatever I try, the object throws an error.

The query also uses a "provided site code" - where exactly do I provide the site code?

Carsten

Sep 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Hi Ryan,

I am performing following steps,
  1. Create SCCM Package
  2. Create SCCM Program
  3. Assign SCCM Package To Distribution Point
    a. Existing Package ID
    b. Distribution Point Selection Method
I have 8 Primary site servers, while creating package i need to push package to all 8 DPs, If i select "Distribution Point Group", how to define that parameter?

Manish