Active Directory IP - Remove User From Group - oh no it doesn't....

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Hi

I'm trying to use the Active Directory IP - Remove User From Group activity and it fails with "The group member <user DN> was not found".

I know this DN to be correct as I use it in the Add User to Group activity and it works absolutely fine.

Anyone come across this?

Dave

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Hey Dave,

What version of the integration pack are you using?

-Ryan

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I'm being a plonker, a completely different version (the MS offical one from the System Center site...)

*hangs head in shame and drinks another beer...

Dave

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Heh yeah I can't help you with that one sadly :-(

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Just installed this one....

I bet its miles better... creap creap

Dave

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Yeah there are a number of differences between this one's functionality and the one that the Microsoft Solutions Accelerator team delivered.  As you play around with it you will notice that it revolves around the object 'get object distinguishedname' (which should really be called something like get object LDAP path as what it returns is not a DN).  The path returned by that search object can be used by all of the other objects in the integration pack to take actions on objects in AD.  The object for getting property values from the object is 'Get Object Property Values' (you can use filters to only return specific properties otherwise all will be returned as multi-instanced data).  If you have questions let me know!

-Ryan

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Also, if you are comfortable with code all of the source for all of the projects hosted on this site are available under source code.  If you run into problems you can either post a patch or post here and the team will do its best to respond and resolve the issue.

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Cheers Ryan