Connection error when using remote domain

Jun 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Hi, sorry about the caps, I don't know why that is happening

We have a SC domain which has trusts to our platform domains.

I am trying to create an OU on a platform domain using the SCORCH Dev Active Directory IP. When adding AD connection Credentials to the IP I am prompted for Username, Password and Domain and this adds without error.

When I try to configure an action and specify the configuration I get the following error

Error

Details: Object of type 'Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Integration.Framework.Core.ActivityDesigner' cannot be converted to type 'Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Integration.IActivityDesigner'.

Exception: ArgumentException

Target site: RuntimeType.CheckValue

Stack trace:

at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)

at System.Reflection.MethodBase.CheckArguments(Object[] parameters, Binder binder, BindingFlags invokeAttr, CultureInfo culture, Signature sig)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Integration.Framework.Core.Activity.GetDynamicDeclarations(MethodInfo method, Object[] args)

at Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Integration.Framework.Core.Activity.Design(IActivityDesigner designer)

at Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Integration.Framework.RequestBroker.GetDesignFor(IPlatformRequest request)

OK

When I use the SC Active Directory IP is am asked for a FQDN during the connection process and I think this may be the issue that I am having

Do you know what the problem is or how I may go about narrowing down the issue?

Thanks for reading, Colm
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Hey Colm,

If this is a new install you need to use version 4.1 of the IP if it is an upgrade from a previous version you should install version 4.0. Right now version 4.0 is the recommeded release as more people are in an upgrade mode than a new deployment. That error seems like you just chose the wrong one! Sorry for the confusion but the SP2 upgrades to the OIT made things...interesting.
Jun 19, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Hi randorfer, thanks for the quick reply.

This is a new installation of Orchestrator so I removed the version 4.0 IP and downloaded 4.1

When I try to install register the IP in deployment manger I am getting the following error

Registration of the Integration Pack Active Directory with the Orchestrator Management Server failed.

In the event viewer

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Active Directory. Product Version: 4.1. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: SCORCH Dev. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1638.
Product: Active Directory -- Configuration failed.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2013 at 5:38 PM
you need to uninstall it (v4.0) from the management server
Jun 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Hello again,

I have uninstalled v4.0 from the deployment manager and then rebooted the server but the installation keeps failing I have some screen shots in my skydrive

Is there anything else required to remove the IP 4.0?

Thanks

Jun 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM
In addition, I have these two events in the application event log

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Active Directory. Product Version: 4.1. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: SCORCH Dev. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1638.

Product: Active Directory -- Configuration failed.

May 22, 2014 at 9:30 PM
I know this is a bit out of date, but I just started having the exact same problem with a new SCORCH stand-alone instance. I'll update if I figure out a fix.
May 22, 2014 at 9:47 PM
I got it working by un-registering the IP from the management server, uninstalling it from the runbook server(s), restarting the system, and then following the normal process for deploying an IP.