Set Registry Key

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Hello,

I try to set this registry key with the value 1:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\WinStationsDisabled

But I've got this problem the registry key was not set to 1 and another one is create in the 32 container:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\WinStationsDisabled

For information, I specified the registry hive 64 bits so I don't understand the problem. Is it a limitation of SCO because the runbook service run in 32 bits?

Have you got any ideas to help me?

Thank you.

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM

It creates a copy because it actually needs the 64 and 32 bit entries.  It's similar to System\CurrentControlSet & System\ControlSet001 & System\ControlSet002 etc.  If you create one, it actually creates one in each Registry Key.

Remember something else, WinStationsDisabled is just part of the Terminal Services keys you need to set.  You also need to check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server] and make sure "fDenyTSConnections"=dword:00000000 is set.  If one is on and the other is off that may also make Terminal Services not work.

I found a nice website that explains it and the color scheme is pleasing to the eye.  http://terminal.servebeer.com/php/disable_logons.php

Good Luck,

Kevin